Monday, February 09, 2009

stories from my mother#2

i noticed how my mother liked to reminisce about the old times more often these days. we were having breakfast at our favourite stall, when she commented on my sister's unruly hair. "no matter how many times ive brushed it, it'll become all selekeh again".

and then she suddenly chuckled softly, remembering the time my sister, syafinaz, rosakkan my painting, i didnt recall how old i was, but the twins were still toddlers. and it resulted to syafinaz getting paint all over face, my mother said she wished she had a camera with her at that time. i wished she did too. it mustve been cute to see a chubby japanese-look-a-like with paint smeared all over her face.

and then she recalled the time when the family first moved to subang. i was one year old. as my aunt ani was also moving on the same day, it was quite a hectic day. my dear late grandmother, tok kalsom, cooked lunch for everyone. but because everyone was busy, no one had the time to stop and enjoy the meal. except for me. because according to my mum, i was going about holding a fried fish in my hand, wearing a blue jumpsuit. and my mother remarked", mak, i think cucu mak tu lapar la", to my tok. and ibu said she laughed so hard, that my mother could still remeber her laughter.

im not sure what was funny, seeing a toddler with a fried fish in her hand. but i think my mum was trying to catch a glimspe of the childhood ive long left behind before i really do grow up. but im glad my mother still remembered those stories that was about to be forgotten, because to me, it shows how much my parents love me. :)

2 comments:

Bewitching Star said...

syg,ure parents love u more than u can imagine.... and their hopes for us are high. that is why sometimes we resent their ways of bringing us up....but at the end of the day, it just shows how much they love us.....i love you too. *BIG HUG*

zazu said...

thanks nina :) i love you jugak :)