Monday, June 21, 2010

AYAHKU HEROKU

in conjunction of father's day, i'd like to post something about my dad, whom i call ayah.

My dad used to work with Maybank. as all of you know, people who works with the bank often come home late, the earliest would be at 8pm. can you imagine the envy i have on kids whose parents could pick them up from school. i always imgained that maybe one day i get to see the van (we used to have a van to fit in my sister's baby seats, they were huge and we had two. DUH) parked outside the school and maybe he would take me for a dinner later.

of course, that would be wishful thinking because both my parents are workaholics and i would spend the whole evening at my aunt's house, being a miserable kid that feels abandoned and left out.

one day as my bus passed the school after it make a u-turn, i saw my dad's car, and my heart actually leaped, before i realized that i was already on the bus, and it would actually take me 2 hours before i reach my aunt's house because i would usually be the last kid to to reach her home *thanks uncle siva (-.-"). to comfort myself from utter dissapointment, i told myself that it could not be my dad because he always always work late, and it would be IMPOSSIBLE for him to come fetch me at school.

2 hours later, i saw my dad's car parked outside my aunt's house, and true to what i saw earlier, my dad did come to the school to fetch me but already saw me boarding the bus. i actually cried when i found out, because there goes my only chance of having my dad pick me up from school.

but at least he knows how much i treasured his effort. because it's not everyday i get my father to skip his work at the bank (seapark, PJ to be exact) just to pick me up from school. :) thanks ayah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is really sweet (:

Syazazu said...

thanks :)