Wednesday, June 01, 2005

wahlahwey

wahlahwey!!!

im so excited i have a blog now!!woohoo!!!

okaay...back to the original motive on why i actually bothered to open a blog account..heh..

last sunday ive finally went through my khatam..whew~jeez...my father said the preparation was almost like preparing for a bl**dy wedding..and when i told him im still too young to get married..he let out a BIG relieved sigh and i was sure that he had a very comfortable sleep that night.

my cousin brought three of her friends to stay over and help us out..which was a blessing because they know more about what to do than i do..despite the 5 years gap..haha..so malulah..i dont even know what the h*ll is kerisik until i found out it was actually fried coconut pounded till it turns into some sort of a liquid..(sad man..)

what was supposed to be one of the most important events in my life was showing signs of turning into a complete disaster when two of the most important in my life has cancelled their `kedatangan`. stress flows in with thoughts about why should i go on with the function after all if they`re not here to see me.whats the use of me looking `pretty` if arif wasnt going to be there.and the most hateful thing was i couldnt be mad because they had their reasons..and it was a very REASONABLE reasons..aish*

radhi kept me sane enough not to burn the specially-designed dress(which i designed myself..ahem~) and i was pretty anxious to wait for the historical day tomorrow...amazing how humans can bounce back so easily after a few small boost..not small actually...maybe a bit big..okay..okay..very BIG.heh.

didnt sleep the whole night because i had to pack the pulut kuning and had quite a difficult time explaining to edwin what was the purpose of preparing the pulut kuning for my ustazah..in the end i was found slump on the floor with a box of pulut kuning waiting to be closed before some fly decides to make it it`s newfound home.

you actually guess that the next morning i had a terrible pair of bags under my eyes,which makes the usage of the caly mask the night before totally useless. and i was freaking out because suddenly the tudung had a life of its own and decided to rebel against its rightful owner,while arin sat at the table laughing..completely amused by the scene of me freaking out..

and the next half an hour went by like a dash with me trying very hard suppresing my f*rt and not batalkan my ablution.and before i knew it..i was walking towards the ustazah`s house, with a `parade` with me..a troop of makciks from the marhaban group and my cousins looking nervous as hell and the crowds..jeez!

thankfully i didnt doze off while i was reading as edwin would very much like me to..but i made quite a LOT of misatakes until the makcik from the marhaban group was starting to doubt if i was qualified to khatam at all.haiyoh..then i glanced up and saw the group of people who have been there all this while..my father smiling through the sweaty face,my mother,my cousin who was trying very hard to get a good pic of me through the grill,radhi,nina and ida who managed to make despite being lost..and i knew i was glad i made through it after all.and all the `harassment` seemed worthwhile.. :)

No comments: