Saturday, September 12, 2009

dads and their rules

i came back at 1.36 am last night. and just as i expected, my dad was still downstairs watching the television, when in actual fact, he wasnt really watching the tv, he was actually waiting for me to come back home.

we've had numerous arguments about my curfew, which im guessing is quietly being moved earlier by the day. the weirdest thing was when i was in my high school, or during my uni days, he doesnt mind if i come home later than midnight. i thought it should be the other way around. as u grow older, your parents' clutches on you loosens, right?

but all in all, im actually touched that he still cares about my whereabouts. he calls when im still not home, he makes sure im safely at home before going to bed, and never fails to let me know that he is worried about me (although it can be a tad annoyng when he goes on talking about me getting robbed and raped by mat rempits).

he wont even let me stay on my own if i do get a job later in the near future (hopefully :p ) until i get married. *sigh* dads and their overprotective rules on their daughters eyh?

1 comment:

Bewitching Star said...

i second this! :)