Thursday, September 10, 2009

how to not feel sorry for yourself..

when faced with people who has a habit of putting you down, intentionally or unintentionally, it is normal to feel a bit downtrodden, or worse, feeling sorry for yourself. i learnt a useful tip to counter this feeling, without having to buat dosa by cursing the person, or harbour any hasad dengki;

firstly, create a list of your own accomplishments, or what you like about yourself that you think others do not (of course this is easy, because you are special in your own unique way);

for e.g., this is my list of accomplishments (i just stick to 5, you can list more if you want to):

1. I managed to complete my project paper within the duration of 8 weeks only without having to extend to a full semester
2. I did a project paper based on a topic that i wanted, not because it is easier, or i can just get it over and done with..and didnt give up when faced with challenges such as when a particular lecturer refused to be my supervisor and even bumped me to another one because he hated my topic.
3. and still managed to get an A- even though intially i faced challenges of lecturers refusing to be my supervisor because of my not-so-conventional topic.
4. I managed to mantain my grades at 3.0 and above even though i failed a subject once.
5. The dean invited me to present my project paper for an upcoming Universal Design seminar that will be held this December

yes, i agree that so far, my accomplishments are purely academical, and i am confident i will achieve more once i start working. anyway, back to the topic, read the list each time you feel down, or start to feel sorry for yourself, keep a small note in your bag if it will help. and read it before you go to sleep.

trust me, you will stop feeling sorry for yourself, and will definitely have a new zeal in each of your step :)

1 comment:

Anas said...

salam....wud u mind to share what was the topic of ur p.paper? =)
anas, iium, burp