Thursday, March 11, 2010

saya ade kucing-kucing baru

my mum told me we have 5 new kittens. okay, in the first place, we didnt even  have a cat, how the hell did we end up with 5 new kittens? so my mum told me about them taking in a pregnant stray cat, and now, we are blessed with a smart cat and 5 new kittens. she named one of them marmalade.

we've never had a formal pet before, like those pedigree cats like my friends and faliq has. we've taken in a few strays and they always leave. haha. i should think that the fact my sisters have tortured them enough was the reason they left. the stories of them trying to snip off the cat's ears and putting another one in the washing machine was a classic funny tale among my friends.

sometimes i'd envy my friends who have cats. cats are cool and cuddly, and smart. i'd look at faliq's cat in envy, and love it when his mum retold stories of their deceased cat, charming, who became part of the family. but due to my family's financial constraints, i think that was the reason why we never have one. my dad would say, "nak bagi makan anak-anak ayah pun tak cukup duit, ni nak bagi makan kucing".

now that we have a cat, wait, cats, i really want to go back home. :(

taken from lemonade.wordpress.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, cute kittens

aMaeBa said...

i had a cat named marmalade once..
one of my favorite... she died a mysterious death...

zazu said...

so maybe i shouldnt name the kitten marmalade then. haha