Wednesday, May 16, 2007

my parents

When I look at my parents, ive always hoped that I would be able to have what they have when im married.

They are now only husband and wife, but best friends. They never hide anything from each other. They constantly talk about everything that’s bogging their mind, and sort it out together, with me secretly eavesdropping of course.

They have never shown their anger and resentment towards each other until I actually thought that they have never had those marriage fights, but everyone does, but they hid it pretty good, fooled me till now. they have always shown their love for each other with those moments when I see them holding hands while watching television. I wont go into details about their intimacy, that’s just gross.

They always find each other’s lame jokes funny, even though it’s not to me (such as the ayam jokes, which are quite rampant nowadays, for example calling ayam, kfc because it is deemed offensive when I referred to ayam’s father as bapak ayam, so they opt for kfc). They are contented with having each other even though the world around them is falling apart. They are blissfully happy being with each other even though friends and families walked in and out of their lives. They love their children they have together and wished for the best of them. They are willing to sacrifice almost anything for their children’s happiness because their children are the testimonial of their love. They have supported one another through thick and thin and have always shown that he is her biggest supporter and likewise, even if others are doubtful, including me. They are respectful towards one another though they constantly poke fun on one another. Another bonus is that they never give a shit when one of them farts in an offensively loud manner (hint: my male parent).

They have never shown their love for each other fading. And that is the most important.

No comments: