Wednesday, May 16, 2007

to naim

The other I found my old diary in which I wrote my heart out when I have just finished spm. I discovered a lot of things related to my life which was new, forgotten and very foreign. One of the significant entries was of my relationship with naim before it turned sour.

Though I told a lot of people we broke up because of his refusal to understand my newfound way of life when I took up built environment, it was actually becase I wasn’t really putting my head into the relationship, but he was the opposite.

The diary entries rattled on about how great he was, and actually, it was true. I can’t believe it took me 4 years to finally find out about it. I blame my ignorant self and my difficulties in deciphering the intentions and feelings of other people around me, and not to forget my never ending daydreaming.

He was actually the best I had before ayam came. He showed his loyalty to me despite me being in gombak, and him in bangi. He was patiently waiting for me to come home, which was quite rare because of my irregular period at that moment. (I was in gombak to khatam quran). And he made sure we see each other everyday whenever I came back, meaning he would drive illegally to take me out for breakfast, and made the plans to go out (which is the complete opposite in my current, and other relationships, where I have to make the plans).

He’d call every night from the public phone not far from his house when I’m in gombak, and he even woke up at 3 am to catch me before I push off to penang with my aunt and her family. He even came to mid valley just to meet me for 2 hours because my aunt had to run a few errands there. How he swat off the snide remarks and stories of my past relationship with izat with pride. He even missed his grandfather’s tahlil to meet up with me before I leave for matrix uia. He never made any moves to get physical and made sure that I knew that he didn’t care about my past.

Despite the shitty ending, especially when he was being an ass when he mintak balik the stuff he gave me, I guess I deserved it. If I’m not mistaken, it started when I chose to go to subang instead of hanging out with him during our anniversary. And I think that did it. I persuaded khairun to drive all the way to his college so I could meet him (but I didn’t in the end because his rumah sewa was actually in bdr. Tasik selatan, I didn’t know because I didn’t care enough to ask, I guess) it was actually pointless because the moment I drove him to edge where he finally saw that it wasn’t worth to stay in the relationship, he had finally closed the book of trying to make it work in the one man show relationship.

I never knew I could be so heartless to a guy who gave it all to me. Though I was heartbroken for a few days, and the first time I cried when I broke up, I recovered quickly and moved on like there was no yesterday. My theory was, i thought I loved him, but it was only just an infatuation. Now, after four years, finally I know how it was. I wished I knew back then. Naim, I hope you’ll forgive me.

No comments: