Wednesday, July 21, 2010

the boyfriend's mum

when its about time, i get shivers down my spine. or worse, ill be fussing furiously over what im wearing (which is usually okay, but when the time comes for THAT moment, i look bloody sakai) and i wonder if my pimples are making me 100% uglier.

yes, im talking about meeting the boyfriend's mum. even after two years she still has this effect on me.

the first time i met izat's (my ex) mum, it was actually quite pleasant. yes, given the fact that our mothers knew each other when they were teenagers, so the atmosphere was cool and collected. there was this one time she even peeled off the prawn's skin for me during dinner.

when izat and i broke up (it was a nasty break-up), she asked why i stopped coming over the house (owh,she was such a nice lady).

another experience is also iqbal's mum, but that didnt really count because our mothers were good friends (the subang circle was very small, all of our friends' mothers' knew each other).

now, with faliq, whom i think might be THE ONE. its a totally different experience. i think it was because we came from a totally different background, and i took for granted over the fact that all of my previous boyfriend's mothers knew me and my FAMILY. so this one. HAHA. LAIN SAMA SEKALI.

my first encounter two years ago was a totally scary experience which involves me sipping my drink *with as much ayu-ness as i can ooze out of my system* and not saying a word while she coolly rates me as she have her meal.

and then the relationship grew over the period of time. she is a designer by profession, therefore she places great importance on your image, and how you present yourself, while i am usually comfortable in my slouchy pants and slippers. she has commented my dressing sense, which i try very hard to abide by her comments each time i see her. but i can only go so far, because in the end, i have to stick by my guns, right? i know i dont wear foundation like she suggested but i try to be more presentable in manner. :) *especially when im meeting her. and the fact that i cant cook and completely useless in house chores, doesnt help either :P

it takes a lot of effort trying to win her heart. not that much actually; faliq kept reminding me to just be myself. and i did.

i dont know if i've succeeded, but i must say we're doing ok. *free designer tops do signal good relationships righttt???* and i hope she knows deep down inside that i love her son truly madly deeply.

6 comments:

Ja Ja Sechan said...

ngee :D kalau i jumpa mama azzim mcm mana weh?? takut ok, i have this feeling she doesn't really like me.. *slap forehead

zazu said...

mesti die suke u punye, u can cook, bake, and is awesome with household chores. what more can a future mother in law ask for? besides, you love her son SANGAT SANGAT! :D

Ja Ja Sechan said...

amin... :P

Bewitching Star said...

hahahha crazy little syaza. You make faliq's mother sounds like this monster-in-law type. She is sweet la but of course the appearance type is Numero-Uno in her books sebab thats what she knows best. Takkan dier nak comment Town kena design gini2. hahahaha Am i making sense?

btw, u look fine the way u are la. You je selalu rendah diri. Macam la faliq dress-up to her expectation pun. Ooopsie, sorry faliq. :)

Imagine This: having a mother-in-law who insist you talk in TAMIL with her. even gave a book to learn the language. I bet you're scared now. LOL

zazu said...

im not saying she's a monster laa.she's nice! hahah. im just worried that im not up to her expectation, you know, especially in the appearance area :S but i think i've overcome that already. well, on my way to overcome this :P

Bewitching Star said...

get over it already! its been what? 2 years? dont be me! hahahah